In 1839 William and Elizabeth Oliver travelled to South Australia from Scotland aboard the 360 ton sailing ship 'Delhi' and eventually settled in 1841 on land at McLaren Vale. Whitehill and Taranga farms, the names given to the northern and southern sections of this land, are located 2 km north of McLaren Vale overlooking the township. Both properties are still run by fifth generation descendants of William and Elizabeth, with the Whitehill property utilized for cropping and grazing sheep and cattle and boasting a rejuvenated stone 'Chaff Shed' which is used as a function centre and Taranga, which consists of 110 hectares of land, being planted to many different varieties of red and white wine grapes.
Consistent with the warmer vintage in 2003, the lifted nose is supported by ripe black fruit characters on the palate. Very soft tannin structure gives a supple mouth feel, an excellent food wine.